This 2 year Higher National Diploma (HND) trains students in the operations that keep UK health and social services running effectively. Students will learn through practical assignments including coursework, presentations and group projects. Successful completion of this course provides access onto the final year of most health and social care degrees*. This course consists of 16 units and ends with a research project to suit the students’ specific careers and aspirations.
You can seek a career in social care, including human resources, healthcare analysis and healthcare planning — or more managerial jobs within health and social care settings in the private, public and voluntary sectors.
• Communicating in Health & Social Care Organisations
• Health and Safety in the Health & Social Care Workplace
• Personal and Professional Development in Health & Social Care
• Working in Partnership in Health & Social Care
• Physiological Principles for Health & Social Care
• Managing Human Resources in Health & Social Care
• Principles of Health & Social Care Practice
• Managing Financial Resources in Health & Social Care.
• Understanding Specific Needs in Health & Social Care
• Supporting Independent Living
• Supporting Significant Life Events
• The Role of Public Health in Health & Social Care
• Facilitating Change in Health & Social Care
• Managing Quality in Health & Social Care
• Health Promotion
• Research Project
Facts And Requirements
Academic level: 5
Duration: 24 months
Start date: March 2018
Awarded by: Pearson Edexcel
• Level 3 qualification or equivalent
• GCE Advanced level profile demonstrating strong performance in a relevant subject or an adequate performance in more than one GCE subject
• An Access to Higher Education Certificate awarded by an approved further education institution
• Mature learners without formal qualifications are required to present a profile of achievement in the form of 2 years related work experience (paid or unpaid) and will be subject to relevant entry assessments
• All applicants must pass an Academic Interview
• Proficiency in English at a standard commensurate to IELTS 5.5.