This 2 year Higher National Diploma (HND) provides the knowledge and hands-on skills students need to gain a successful career in the fast-growing hospitality industry. Through case studies, engaging projects and group work, we will take you closer to the dynamic challenges faced by today’s hospitality managers. The course covers areas such as customer service, tourism, merchandising, sustainable tourism and marketing in hospitality. You can also focus your new skills on a dedicated research project. Successfully completing this course provides access onto the final year of most hospitality/tourism degrees*. You will study 16 modules over a period of 2 years, including a research project.
Upon graduation, the students’ professional profile will match the requirements of many employers in the hospitality industry. Future roles could include Hotel Manager, Resort Office Manager and Tourism Development Officer.
• The Contemporary Hospitality Industry
• Finance for the Hospitality Industry
• Customer Service
• The Travel & Tourism Sector
• Food & Beverage Operations Management
• Marketing for the Hospitality Industry
• Rooms Division Operations Management
• Tour Operations Management.
• Employability Skills
• The Developing Manager
• Personal & Professional Development
• Human Resource Management for the Service Industry
• Sustainable Tourism Development
• Sales Development and Merchandising
• Small Business Enterprise
• Research Project.
Facts And Requirements
Academic level: 5
Duration: 24 months
Start date: March 2018
Awarded by: Pearson Edexcel
• Level 3 qualification or equivalent
• GCE Advanced level profile demonstrating strong performance in a relevant subject or an adequate performance in more than one GCE subject
• An Access to Higher Education Certificate awarded by an approved further education institution
• Mature learners without formal qualifications are required to present a profile of achievement in the form of 2 years related work experience (paid or unpaid) and will be subject to relevant entry assessments
• All applicants must pass an Academic Interview
• Proficiency in English at a standard commensurate to IELTS 5.5.