This two-year Higher National Diploma (HND) offers an in-depth study of technologies and communication networks. Students will investigate real-world environments through a combination of assignments, case studies, and future scenarios. The course covers areas such as establishing computer networks within a business environment and the design of websites and databases. Students are required to undertake a 2nd year project, researching a topic of their choice. Successful completion of the course gives access to the final year of most BSc degrees in ICT*. The course is delivered over two years, with approximately three units (modules) studied during each one of the six terms.
Network management, network operations, or network engineering and design. Students can consider careers in mobile communications or research and development of new networking technologies.
• Computer Systems
• Networking Concepts
• Programming Concepts
• Networking Technology
• Database Design Concepts Systems Analysis
• Website Design
• Personal Skills Development.
• Telecommunication Technology
• Network Operating Systems
• IP Networks
• Internet Server Management
• Networking Infrastructure
• Switch Engineering
• Telecommunication Business Environment
• Network Engineering and Telecommunication Systems Project.
Facts And Requirements:
Academic level: 5
Duration: 24 months
Start date: March 2018
Awarded by: Pearson Edexcel
• Level 3 qualification or equivalent
• GCE Advanced level profile demonstrating strong performance in a relevant subject or an adequate performance in more than one GCE subject
• An Access to Higher Education Certificate awarded by an approved further education institution
• Mature learners without formal qualifications are required to present a profile of achievement in the form of 2 years related work experience (paid or unpaid) and will be subject to relevant entry assessments• All applicants must pass an Academic Interview
• Proficiency in English at a standard commensurate to IELTS 5.5.